Friday, February 17, 2006

Nikki's Happy Tail

Nicky

This week, we got an email from Petfinder. Nikki's new dad had submitted a happy tail, and they wanted us to know about it.

From Guy:

When Nikki's mate died, she found her way to Glenmoore Small Animal Rescue. A friend told me about Petfinder, and when I saw Nikki I thought she would like to live with my two cockatiels. Now Nikki would not have to live alone.

After some e-mails and phone calls, I drove the 2 hours to get her. She ate some millet spray on the way home and has been so friendly to my daughter and me.

Last week another cockatiel joined them; his name is Squeek. He and Nikki seem to be pairing off like our other birds, Fred & Ethel (also adopted from a co-worker's friend) do at night. Squeek was being picked on in a pet store. He was in a glass enclosure with 100 baby parakeets and some other cockatiels so we took him away from there. Now the 4 of them are all being spoiled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home